Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Homemade Ice Cream in a Bag

RECIPE INGREDIENTS:
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup half and half
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup salt (The bigger the granules, the better. Kosher or rock salt works best, but table salt is fine.)
Ice cubes (enough to fill each gallon-size bag about half full)
1 pint-size ziplock bag
1 gallon-size ziplock bag
1. Combine the sugar, half and half, and vanilla extract in the pint-size bag and seal it tightly.

2. Place the salt and ice in the gallon-size bag, then place the sealed smaller bag inside as well. Seal the larger bag. Now shake the bags until the mixture hardens (about 5 minutes). Feel the small bag to determine when it's done.

3. Take the smaller bag out of the larger one, add mix-ins, and eat the ice cream right out of the bag. Easy cleanup too! Serves 1.

I tried this last year during the summer with the kids they loved it!! For flavor you can add different extract flavors, or even cherry flavored pop (w/o fizz is the way we tried it)

1 comment:

  1. This is perfect! I'm a new cubmaster and I needed something for our summer pack meeting and this will be really fun with the boys -- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I would love to hear your comments, answers, questions about anything on my blog. Check back often as I have contests & prizes to give away!
Smiles to you!

My Favorite Tutorials ;-)

If you have any favorites you would wish to share, please email me! Also, there are 30+ tutorials here! When you push play bring cursor to the bottom and you can scroll... Clear as Mud ;-)

Copyright

All content is the © of Tracy Welter including photographs, design work and text.
My original artwork is for inspiration only and may not be copied for contests or publishing. Thanks!
All posts are my personal thoughts or words, or the personal thoughts and words of my readers and may not be reproduced without permission.
If Scrap lifting please give credit where credit is due if on a blog or website and leave a comment, so I can take a peek, as I will do the same for those that I "lift" from!

Thanks in advance for your respect.


Some Stamp Designs © Close To My Heart

Relax with Nature

The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature. I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles.
- Anne Frank