Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Stamp on Salt Dough fun for Kids too!

Make up a batch of “Salt Dough”and let them stamp in it—this is really easy and really cool!
You can stamp dry and then paint it when the dough is hard, or you can stamp ink directly into the soft dough and let it dry.

I would use two batches for 25 students.

Salt Dough:
2 cups all-purpose flour (not self-rising)
1 cup Morton Salt
1 cup water
Food color optional


Combine flour and salt. Mix well. Form into a ball by mixing in a little water at a time. Knead 7-10 minutes, until the dough has a firm, smooth consistency. Add a little more water if necessary.

Roll with a rolling pin or let the children roll it with a smooth bottle or can etc.

Press the stamp into the dough. Cut out around the shape (can us a plastic knife).

Poke a hole with a toothpick if it will be something strung or hung.

Bake on a foil-covered cookie sheet at 325 degrees for about 30 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool, then paint with water color, acrylic, or enamel if you haven’’t stamped with color.

You can also just let the dough sit for a few days on a screen to dry, turning it once in a while—it won’’t be a nice brown color though.

Have fun!! My kids love doing this... and it washes off your stamps with warm water!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I would love to hear your comments, answers, questions about anything on my blog. Check back often as I have contests & prizes to give away!
Smiles to you!

My Favorite Tutorials ;-)

If you have any favorites you would wish to share, please email me! Also, there are 30+ tutorials here! When you push play bring cursor to the bottom and you can scroll... Clear as Mud ;-)

Copyright

All content is the © of Tracy Welter including photographs, design work and text.
My original artwork is for inspiration only and may not be copied for contests or publishing. Thanks!
All posts are my personal thoughts or words, or the personal thoughts and words of my readers and may not be reproduced without permission.
If Scrap lifting please give credit where credit is due if on a blog or website and leave a comment, so I can take a peek, as I will do the same for those that I "lift" from!

Thanks in advance for your respect.


Some Stamp Designs © Close To My Heart

Relax with Nature

The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature. I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles.
- Anne Frank